BANNER ELK, N.C. - The Mars Hill men's tennis team (1-3) was downed by Lees-McRae (1-1) Wednesday afternoon on the road in non-conference play.
The Lions swept doubles action to take a 1-0 lead into singles play. The Bobcats responded by taking five-of-six singles matches to secure the 5-2 win. Tom Farman was the lone Lions' single win on the day.
Mars Hill returns to the courts on Friday, October 18th when they host Milligan at 1 p.m.
1. Hanquing Wang (LMCM) def. Rodrigo Ramos (MHUM) 6-4, 6-3
2. Patryk Garwacki (LMCM) def. Fernando Neto (MHUM) 6-1, 3-1, retired
3. Jofre Tura-Campalans (LMCM) def. Faris Hadzisadikovic (MHUM) 6-4, 6-2
4. Miodrag Popovic (LMCM) def. Leo Bernardes (MHUM) 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
5. Matt Meluch (LMCM) def. Kyrel Trim (MHUM) 6-4, 6-4
6. Tom Farman (MHUM) def. Colton Porter (LMCM) 6-1, 7-5
1. Rodrigo Ramos/Faris Hadzisadikovic (MHUM) def. Hanquing Wang/Miodrag Popovic (LMCM) 7-6
2. Fernando Neto/Leo Bernardes (MHUM) def. Patryk Garwacki/Jofre Tura-Campalans (LMCM) 6-3
3. Kyrel Trim/Tom Farman (MHUM) def. Brandon Caldwell/Harrison Morris (LMCM) 6-3
Mars Hill 1-3