HARROGATE, TENN. - The Mars Hill volleyball team (0-1) opened their 2019 campaign versus Emmanuel (1-0) at the Lincoln Memorial University Tournament Friday afternoon.
- The Lions fell in three sets by scores of 22-25, 17-25, 22-25.
- Sarah Goddard led all Lions with 12 kills on the day.
- Three Lions made their collegiate debuts versus Emmanuel (Kamya Latson, Jordan Schmucker, Grace Lilly).
- Sara Pasour recorded the lone double-double on the day (18 assists and 11 digs)
- Seven Lions recorded kills in the contest
- Mars Hill attempted 111 attacks, committing 26 errors.
- Emmanuel hit .224 on the day with both Taylor Roberts and Jenna Woodruff hitting .500.
- Emmanuel recorded five aces and 12 blocks.
- Goddard recorded seven of her team-high 12 kills in the third set.
- Lauren Phillips, in her first game with Mars Hill, was the only other player with double-digit kills (10).
- Sally Anne Johnson posted six kills and two block assists.
- Schmucker added nine assists.
- Emmanuel hit .364 in the set, recording 11 kills on 22 attempts.
- Woodruff led all players with five kills and five digs in the frame.
- Goddard, Phillips, and Johnson each had two kills for Mars Hill.
- Phillips led all players with four kills on eight attempts.
- Emmanuel recorded 3.5 blocks in the frame.
- Pasour recorded a set-high six digs.
- The Lions outhit Emmanuel .133 to .077 on a game-high 45 attempts.
- Woodruff collected eight digs to lead all players.
- Both Phillips and Pasour recorded four digs for Mars Hill.
The Lions will wrap up LMU Tournament action on Saturday, September 7th. They face King at 11 a.m. and conclude the two-day tournament at 3 p.m. versus USC Aiken.
Mars Hill's first home contest takes place on Friday, September 13th at 7 p.m. versus South Atlantic Conference foe Catawba.