MARS HILL, N.C. - The Mars Hill women's tennis team dropped a close contest against the undefeated Milligan College Buffaloes team Tuesday afternoon. Jasha Geerdink and Evan Lake picked up multiple victories on the afternoon.
Milligan took four of six singles matches. Geerdink and Lake both picked up 6-0, 6-0 sweeps of their opponents.
Below is a full list of the results.
Mars Hill will hit the courts in Mars Hill again on Saturday, September 23. The matches are set to begin at 1 p.m.
1. Jasha Geerdink (MHUW) def. Lexie Hill (MILW) 6-0, 6-0
2. Evan Lake (MHUW) def. Abigail Allen (MILW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Minda Martin (MILW) def. Sophia Pelaez (MHUW) 4-3
4. Karson Light (MILW) def. Dani Potts (MHUW) 6-1, 6-1
5. Chessa Jones (MILW) def. Hannah Hill (MHUW) 6-3, 6-1
6. Marlaina Peterson (MILW) def. Demarron Johnson (MHUW) 6-0, 6-0
1. Evan Lake/Sophia Pelaez (MHUW) def. Minda Martin/Karson Light (MILW) 8-0
2. Jasha Geerdink/Dani Potts (MHUW) def. Abigail Allen/Lexie Hill (MILW) 8-5
3. Chessa Jones/Marlaina Peterson (MILW) def. Hannah Hill/Demarron Johnson (MHUW) 8-1
Mars Hill 0-1