JEFFERSON CITY, Tenn. - The Mars Hill men's tennis team (6-11, 0-6 SAC) fell to Carson-Newman (2-13, 1-5 SAC) by a score of 6-1 on the road in South Atlantic Conference action Wednesday afternoon.
Mars Hill took the first doubles match of the game with Ben Reid and Rodrigo Ramos downing Gabriel Dabdab and Rintaro Oka by a score of 6-1. The Eagles responded by taking the next two doubles matches to earn the 1-0 edge going into singles action.
Reid claimed victory in his singles match in straight sets for the lone Lions' singles' win.
Mars Hill returns to action on Friday, March 29th when they face the Wolves of Newberry. First serve is scheduled for 2:30 p.m.
1. Ben Reid (MHUM) def. Hernan Toledo (C-N) 6-2, 7-5
2. Gabriel Dabdab (C-N) def. Rodrigo Ramos (MHUM) 6-2, 6-4
3. Rintaro Oka (C-N) def. Fernando Neto (MHUM) 6-4, 7-5
4. Marc Bantel (C-N) def. Pedro Pinassi (MHUM) 6-2, 6-0
5. Jesus Bacete (C-N) def. Kyrel Trim (MHUM) 6-3, 6-1
6. Victor Ireno (C-N) def. Tom Farman (MHUM) 6-2, 6-1
1. Ben Reid/Rodrigo Ramos (MHUM) def. Gabriel Dabdab/Rintaro Oka (C-N) 6-1
2. Hernan Toledo/Jesus Bacete (C-N) def. Fernando Neto/Kyrel Trim (MHUM) 6-2
3. Victor Ireno/Joseph Stiles (C-N) def. Tom Farman/Pedro Pinassi (MHUM) 6-4
Mars Hill 6-11, 0-6 SAC
Carson-Newman 2-13, 1-5 SAC